Followers

Friday, January 23, 2009

Quran 101 by Syed Akbar Ali


Syed Akbar Ali, author of three books wrote a Quran 101 for our Let's Read The Quran Campaign ...


He said,

"The source document for Muslims is the Quran. The Quran is where it all begins. But when we sat down and talked further, we realized that the average person, the Muslim as well as those who are of other faiths and persuasions have little knowledge of what is in the Quran. So we decided that we would draw some attention to the Quran"


4 comments:

Abdullah Mohd Nawi said...

Salam Anas,

I reiterate what I wrote on Syed Akbar Ali's blog -

"I am drawn to what you say about even Muslims not knowing the Quran...It is indeed a cold dose of reality...Even now when I reflect on my interactions with the Quran, I realise that they are almost negligible compared to when I was a boy."

Little by little without realising it one becomes more and more distant from the Creator, through the trappings of modern life. InsyaAllah, I will try to remedy that.

Abdullah Mohd Nawi said...

Anas,
I would like to inform you that I have responded to:

http://letusaddvalue.blogspot.com/2009/01/bonding-muslims-and-christians-together.html

Also, If you don't mind, I would like to post this article on my blog, but of course with credit and reference to you and your blog.

anas zubedy said...

Cool bro, go ahead and post them . Thank you for your support, salam, anas

Anonymous said...

For the Sovereign Lord Jehovah will not do a thing unless he has revealed his confidential matter to his servants the prophets. 8 There is a lion that has roared! Who will not be afraid? The Sovereign Lord Jehovah himself has spoken! Who will not prophesy?’